Sunday, June 8, 2014

Specs: Black Chrome, Silver or Chrome (I own the Black Chrome)

This is a VV / VW - Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage allowing for fine tune adjusting for the best smoke possible.

Adjustable Power from 3 Watts to 15 Watts Adjustable Voltage from 3.0-6.0 Compatible with atomizers with resistance 1.5~5.0ohm

Built in 510 and Ego thread connector.

Uses 1 18650 battery, 2 18350 batteries, or 1 18350 battery (compact mode without extension tube.)

I have had my V5 for quite a while now and have had a chance to play with it and prefer to use it without and it is recommended that if you are using the 18350 batteries that you only use one at a time and that is what I do. I love my APV too much to have it blow up in my face due to pushing it too hard by using too much battery power. I would however use the extension tube if I were using the 1 18650 battery but I do not own any of those and have 18350 coming out of my ears because I also have a ProVari, a Sigelei Z Max V3 all of which will be reviewed at a later date, but back to the Vamo V5. It is sleek, preforms well at any voltage or wattage setting, those are the pluses. The  menu is pretty straight forward you have your voltage and wattage settings. It will tell you if you have a short anywhere in the unit, this has happened to me only once. It tells you when you need to change the battery with a "low volt warning" and will no longer fire.  The only drawback if you hate constantly shining your equipment due to fingerprints then this is not the APV for you because this is a fingerprint magnet! I have thought long and hard about getting a cover from http://www.jwraps.com but just haven't done it yet because I really love the color and try to not let the fingerprints bother me, and since that is the only draw back that I have found since owning this in the last 5 months, One drawback I forgot about and have seen on forums, on the earlier models (I don't think mine is one of those because I don't have this issue) The threads for the 510 connections can be kind of wonky they don't thread properly and sometimes get bent easily so be careful if you get one of the earlier models and I don't know how you know if you got one of the earlier models either. I don't see anything wrong with making this little APV a part of your collection! It sure was a nice addition to mine. The flavor is paralleled to that of the ProVari, I really haven't found the ProVari to be anything other than overpriced made in America (which counts for something) metal that performs at the same level as it's cheaper much much cheaper counterparts! I know some would disagree with me, but I just haven't had the ProVari blow my socks off yet. If I were to give this a rating on a 10 scale I would give it an 8. It would be good for a beginner with a VV/VW device.

No comments:

Post a Comment